Preparing your home to sell
We believe that preparing your home to sell is an extremely part of the selling process, that’s why we have an interior stylist in-house, helping our vendors stage and prepare there home before we go to market. This month she shares some of her tips…
- First impressions do matter! A welcoming touch to an entry way is as simple as adding a hallway table with a vase of fresh flowers, and a print/mirror on wall above
- Room layout – Simply by rearranging a few pieces of furniture a space can flow more freely and feel more spacious.
- Storage – Storage is such an asset in any property. Ensure all clutter and items stored in areas that are visible, like the tops of wardrobes, are removed for the Open House duration. Belongings that are overflowing from wardrobes and shelves give the impression there is not enough storage, so ensure everything is ordered and neatly stored in wardrobes.
- Pull your room together with an area rug! The right rug will not only add warmth to a space but will help define zones within your home. There is a misconception that a small rug will make a room look bigger. This is not the case. Instead, place a rug large enough so that at least the front legs of your sofa sit on top of it, this will define and cosy up the sitting area.
- Add interest and warmth to neutral furniture with scatter cushions! Cushions, pillows and throws that are patterned and have colour are a great way to add instant impact to a space and an economical way of changing a room’s ambiance. Go with a warm colour palette for the colder months, such as rust, orange, red, amber and warm greys, and for the warmer months change to a cooler palette with shades of blue, crisp greens and whites.
- Light it up – Lighting is such an important aspect of any home. Allow as much natural light into your home as possible and then add artificial light to help add ambiance and softness to a room. For example, a floor lamp in a corner next to an armchair creates an inviting reading nook.
- Outdoor living – Create a sitting area outside to showcase outdoor entertaining. If space is tight, even a small round table with 2 chairs can create a lovely space for buyers to visualize themselves drinking their morning coffee.
Need some advice setting up your home – contact Tina from Urbane Interiors – [email protected]
February 14, 2019
Market Update Feb 2019
Summer insights: Inner West It’s been a strong start to 2019 with a surge of buyers coming out of hiding and now on the hunt for their next dream home. While loans have become tougher for buyers to acquire, those who have been approved are armed and ready to make a move. In the three […]
October 23, 2018
Market update Oct 2018
Market report: Inner West The inner west property market has felt the pinch of the wider Sydney slowdown, however quality properties are still seeing strong competition from buyers. While demand for suburbs across the region continues, there’s no denying properties are taking longer to sell than previously and price adjustments are being made. These adjustments […]